Drop has a rigorous and thorough vendor fulfillment process to ensure that each product ships on or before the estimated shipping date. There are occasions where, despite our best efforts, unforeseen issues arise that can result in a product run being partially or fully canceled. Such issues may include the following:
- Inventory was improperly set aside for the entire run or for select options, and the vendor is unable to provide more units in a timely manner.
- Due to failure to meet quality control standards, the vendor was unable to deliver all or part of the group's order and can’t provide replacements in a timely manner.
- The estimated ship date provided by the vendor is no longer accurate and the updated ship date is unreasonable.
- Updated restrictions from couriers and customs after the run ends limited the shipment of the product to certain countries due to it containing hazardous materials.
- Shipping couriers misplaced the bulk order during transit and the vendor can’t replace the units in a timely manner.
- Due to low demand, a product run may be pulled until there is enough for an order to be placed.
If any of these problems occur, our decision to cancel the run is in the best interest of our customers. Affected users will be promptly notified and offered refunds or other options if available.